HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

sfml2 compatibility

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sormo

PostSubject: sfml2 compatibility   Wed May 25, 2011 7:30 am

hello, I am using spark with sfml. Recently I had to move to sfml 2 so I've decided to try spark with this version. I know that those two are not compatible, I was looking for alternative but haven't found anything. I've compiled libraries with a change to virtual Render function of SFMLSystem. Everything works fine, but when I draw spark system all images (sf::Image and texts) are being displayed as white rectangles pale . Did someone tried this? Is somehow possible to correct displaying of images on sfml2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: sfml2 compatibility   Fri May 27, 2011 6:33 am

Hi, as you said SPARK is not yet compatible with SFML2. However it may be possible to port the SFML module for SFML2. Regarding your issue, if i understand correctly (you mean images and texts that are not particles ?), you can try to make a call to GLRenderer::saveGLStates() before the rendering of spark systems and and call to GLRenderer::restoreGLStates() just after so that OpenGL states wont be altered by SPARK (resulting in textures not being rendered in your case)

I know some users have already used SPARK with SFML2 but I think they have used directly the OpenGL renderers of SPARK rather than porting the SFML1 module.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spark.developpez.com
sormo

PostSubject: Re: sfml2 compatibility   Fri May 27, 2011 8:27 am

I enclosed drawing spark systems with GLRenderer::saveGLStates() and GLRenderer::restoreGLStates() and sf::Sprites are still being drawn as white rectangles but texts are being shown normally !! alien I don't know why is this happening, but sprites are optional in my game, I can live without them, so thank you very much for your advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sfml2 compatibility   Today at 10:12 am

Back to top Go down

sfml2 compatibility
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1