HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
suimi12315

PostSubject: How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?   Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello,
I've finished the configuration of SPARK and I am learning the example with fireworks effects(Tuto1). What modification should I make to realize the effect that fireworks show every five seconds? "system->update(float delta time)" didn't work.... bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darktib
Committer

PostSubject: Re: How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?   Tue May 14, 2013 3:49 am

update(float deltaTime) is the function for 'advancing' the simulation by deltaTime. It is not (directly) related to the higher-level system parts, like showing / hiding a firework.

If a system is one firework launch, then you have to create a system every 5 seconds in order to see a firework at that frequency.

PostSubject: Re: How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?   Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 am

Darktib wrote:
update(float deltaTime) is the function for 'advancing' the simulation by deltaTime. It is not (directly) related to the higher-level system parts, like showing / hiding a firework.

If a system is one firework launch, then you have to create a system every 5 seconds in order to see a firework at that frequency.

Thank you for your reply! Now I want to accomplish that by the TimerProc in the C++ , but I am not sure which way offered by c++ is better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darktib
Committer

PostSubject: Re: How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?   Tue May 14, 2013 3:49 pm

What is TimerProc ?

Also, what do you understand by the term "deltaTime", and what have you tried (ie, show your code) ?

PostSubject: Re: How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?   Today at 3:42 am

Back to top Go down

How can I realize the 'Firework' with the specific delta time?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1