HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

rendering text using particles (make zone from bitmap)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lathoub

PostSubject: rendering text using particles (make zone from bitmap)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:45 am

Hello all,

I have seen this demo using the Flint engine: http://flintparticles.org/examples/logo-firework
According to the documentation, Flint can make a zone from a bitmap.

Question: can Spark make a zone from a bitmap as well? (according to the Spark docs, i think not - but i could be wrong as a newbie to Spark)
Would Spark be able to do the same effect?

Thanks
Lathoub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: rendering text using particles (make zone from bitmap)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 am

Hi,

unfortunately, no you cannot at the moment.

But as SPARK is a 3D particle engine and not a 2D as Flint, it does not make a lot of sense to have a zone representing a bitmap (however it can be useful anyway when using it in 2D)

But it is not the highest priority at the moment and having a zone representing a mesh for instance will be a lot more useful than a zone representing a texture.

Anyway, it is a good idea (even if a bit too specific i think) and I keep it in a corner of my head for later maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spark.developpez.com
lathoub

PostSubject: Re: rendering text using particles (make zone from bitmap)   Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 am

Hello Juff,

Thanks for the reaction.
Say, if would make a zone class myself that accepts an 8 bit gray-scale bitmap as input parameter, and generate particles only in the non-black areas, would :
a) Spark be able to animate the particles like in the demo below? (if so, how would it be done)
b) you accept the code? (so that I do not have to maintain it separately)

PS I appreciate the difference between a 2D and 3D particle engine, but it should easier to do 2D in a 3D environment that vice versa. (cfr the writing demo, which is AFAIK 2D oriented as well)

Lathoub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rendering text using particles (make zone from bitmap)   Today at 9:26 am

Back to top Go down

rendering text using particles (make zone from bitmap)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1