HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zhaus

PostSubject: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:58 pm

First off, thanks very for all the work on Spark. It's a great particle engine!

Unfortunately I'm trying to do something which I'm not sure is supported. I want to ramp alpha up and then back down again, so particles fade in and then out again.

I see in the Spark2 trunk their is the option of setting a custom colour interpolator, which would allow me to manually change the alpha, but there doesn't seem to be anything like this in Spark1.

Is there a way to do this in Spark1 that I've missed? If not, how stable is Spark2?

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juff
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi,

Yes this feature is supported in Spark1. Check out the Interpolator class. With this class you can accurately tune the way a parameter evolves. You can take a look at the fire or explosion demos which use the interpolator.

Regarding Spark 2, it is not yet finished (The development is slow as I dont have that much spare time), so you re better using the first version.

Dont hesitate if your have further questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spark.developpez.com
zhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Ahh, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks once again for the great particle engine Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?   

Back to top Go down

Ramp colour up and down, not just interpolate?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1